“Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
"Creativity exists in the present moment. You can’t find it anywhere else."
Okay, today is Saturday so let’s have some homework today – don’t worry it’s not going to be hard (think about the theme for the week). Today I want you to do something fun and creative then tell us about us in the comments. Here’s a recipe for a blueberry Bundt cake if you need something creative to do baking is always good fun.
Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake
3 Cups flour
1 T baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 2/3 cups sugar
¾ cup 1 (½ cup sticks)
3 large eggs
1 T grated orange peel (turns out good even if you don’t have this)
2 tsp vanilla
¾ Cup buttermilk (if you don’t have buttermilk you can use milk and put a TBS of lemon juice in it)
2 Cups frozen blueberries
· Preheat oven to 350°
· Butter and flour Bundt pan
· Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl
· Beat 1 2/3 C sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy
· Beat in eggs one at a time
· Beat in orange peel and vanilla
· Beat in dry ingredients in 3 additions alternately with butter milk in 2 additions
· Fold in blueberries
· Pour batter into prepared pan.
· Bake aprox 1-hour till tester comes out dry.
· Cool cake on rack 10-minutes and then turn out and cool completely.
The batter becomes very thick when you add the frozen berries – that’s okay
Grease pan VERY well.
***Here was how I was creative –I had a can of blueberry pie filling so I put almost ½ of the cake batter in the pan then I took a spoon and my hands made a little place to put the filling being careful not to let the filling touch the sides (that’s why I used my hands, and I couldn’t see really what I was doing) after I had filling all the way around, it was about ½ the can I put the rest of the batter in and baked the cake.
When the cake came out I topped it with the rest of the pie filling and it was sooo good!!!